Search This Blog

Saturday 11 January 2014

Welcome


This is blog is dedicated to the world of wet shaving, primarily with double edged razors, and men's grooming. Years ago, I found shaving a real chore, in fact, I detested it. I could never really work out why, but shaving to me was an uncomfortable and at times painful experience.

I started to reflect on the millions of men that shaved well before my time and wondered how they got by with a minimum of fuss. Given the technology and advances in material science it was inconceivable that any man should experience anything other than a great, seem-less, smooth and painless shave. I took a good long hard look at my technique and tried to evaluate why shaving was an unpleasant experience.


As it turns out, scores of men report similar experiences (or at least those I spoke with). The usual, "shaving sucks", "I can't be bothered", "I'm growing a goatee", "a Fu Manchu" or whatever. I had heard it all. Essentially I had heard it all because I had used these excuses myself. I tried to convince myself that if it wasn't working for me there must be something wrong with the ritual itself. I'll just stick with my facial hair and in-grown hairs.

As the years passed I realised that this was not the way I was comfortable with, in dealing with issues in my life. I looked at the implements and products associated with shaving and..... the penny dropped!! Of coarse! Why had I not thought of this earlier? 

Large multinational companies that manufacture shaving products are not in it for the virtues of men's grooming and well-being, they're in it to make money.... and lots of it! 

This blog is about traditional wet shaving using mainly, but not exclusively, double edged safety razors. I’ll share my experiences and knowledge that I have picked up over the years. I encourage you to comment and participate. This is what makes blogs interesting and informative. I will include material from a range of sources and where possible include these in the relevant posts.

Because I live in Sydney, Australia many of the products discussed are available for purchase in Australia and online. One thing that really infuriates me is the lack of variety available in this country. Things are improving and I can only hope that we catch up with the rest of the world.


Enjoy the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment